What is the Online Orientation Course for undergraduate students?
The completion of the Online Orientation Course in Canvas is the first part of a 2-part orientation experience hosted by Student Services.
How to do I access the Undergraduate Student Online Orientation Course
Masters of Science Students
You will receive an email from StudentSuccess@HarrisburgU.edu 1-2 months before the semester begins and after you pay your deposit. You will be automatically enrolled in the course and that email will contain instructions on how to log on and complete the course.
I don't see the course - What do I do?
1. Take a deep breath and relax
2. Make sure that you received the welcome email from StudentSuccess@HarrisburgU.edu
This will only be sent to you after you have been admitted, paid your deposit, signed your Plan of Work (PhD students only), and registration for that semester opens
4. Give it an hour or 2 - sometimes there is a delay from when you receive the welcome email and when Canvas updates. It if still isn't there after 4 hours or so, submit a ticket.
How do I know when I finished the Online Orientation Course?
The very last module will contain a link to an Online Orientation Completion Form. Fill that out and you are good to go! A copy of that form will automatically be sent to your HU email account for your records.
How do YOU know I finished the Online Orientation Course?
See above. Graduate Student Services also gets a copy of that form for our records!
I completed the Online Orientation Course - What's next?
- Register for our Live Virtual Welcome Event if you haven't done so already
- Attend an Online Question and Answer (Q&A) session if you have questions in the meantime - these are a great opportunity to get your questions answered and meet our wonderful staff who are here to support you
- Look at your New Student Checklist and make sure everything is completed
Still have questions? Graduate Student Services is here to help make your transition to HU as smooth as possible. Send us a ticket - if we don't know the answer, we know who will!