As a graduate students at Harrisburg University, you have many tools and resources at your disposal to help you know what courses you should take to complete your degree! These include the Graduate Catalog, your Degree Audit Portlet on MyHU, and your faculty advisor. Below is a description of each:
The Undergraduate Catalog is a wonderful guide of your degree requirements, and even semester-by-semester course sequences.
1. Click HERE (and bookmark) to access the Undergraduate Catalog. Make sure that you are selecting the Catalog Year in which you enrolled in HU from the dropdown menu at the top.
2. Find your program and concentration. From there you can see the required courses, and if you scroll down a bit more, you can even see a suggested semester-by-semester academic plan. The Graduate Catalog also includes descriptions of all the courses offered at Harrisburg University.
Degree Audit Portlet on MyHU
1. Log onto your MyHU and click on the "Academics" tab at the top.
2. Click on "Degree Audit Portlet" on the right-hand side of the screen.
3. This will give a general overview of what requirements you've completed and what you still need to do. For a more detailed breakdown of each category, click "view all details."
Each student is assigned a faculty advisor. These faculty members are experts in their field and are a wonderful resource. They are particularly helpful when it comes to choosing electives that align with your personal and professional interests. We encourage all our graduate students to reach out to their faculty advisor often during their time at HU. To find out who is your faculty advisor, follow these steps:
1. Once again log onto your MyHU and click on the "Academics" tab at the top.
2. Your faculty advisor will be listed at the top of the screen under "Academic Information."