A undergraduate student may repeat a course in which a final grade below a “C” been received. The original grade will remain on the student’s academic record. After the course has been repeated, the most recent grade will be used in the calculation of the student’s cumulative grade point average.  A student cannot repeat a course for the sole purpose of improving the overall GPA if the degree requirement has already been met.

Please note - MyHU will not permit you to register yourself for a course(s) taken in a previous term. 

If you were unsuccessful in a course in a previous term and would now like to repeat the course, you must contact Records and Registration via the Student Support Portal with the following information

  • full course number of the section you wish to take 
  • Records and Registration will then manually register you for the course. We will send you a confirmation once it has been processed. 
  • Graduate Student Services cannot register you for courses

Please Note:

  1. Although both grades will appear on your transcript, the most recent grade earned will be used to calculate your cumulative GPA. 
  2. You can not register to repeat the course until the previous course has been graded, even if you expect a failing grade.